You want to sell your local Renton WA home and you want to do so quickly. Right?
Perhaps you have another commitment with the money or you need to move. Whatever the case is, you need to sell your home quickly in Renton and move on.
Unfortunately, homeowners who need to sell their home fast soon realize that they are at the mercy of the market. That market will influence whether they sell quickly or not, and how much they can get for their property. And as you’ve seen in our local Renton real estate market… the market is changing on an almost monthly basis. It depends on how fast you really need it to happen, 7 days or 60 days.
The factors that influence whether you’ll sell your home quickly in this Renton market
There are many factors that influence whether you’ll sell your WA home quickly in this market.
Some of those factors include:
- The national economy
- The local economy in Renton WA
- Interest rates
- The condition and trends of the neighborhood (is it growing? is it shrinking?)
- The condition of your house and whether it needs work
- The asking price of your house
- The asking price of similar houses in the area
… and so many other factors as well.
You may not have the luxury of waiting around for home prices in your neighborhood in Renton to go up. Instead, you have to face the realities of the marketplace – especially if the clock is ticking.
The four steps to sell your Renton house fast
Here are our top strategies for selling your house fast.
First, remember that your house isn’t the only one for sale.
There are many other local Renton homes for sale and each one is competing for the hard-earned dollars of the buyer. Rather than setting a price that you want to get for your home, find out what similar homes in your neighborhood are selling for. Don’t forget to look at the comparable condition of the house too. Just because you have the same layout as your neighbors doesn’t mean that you’ll get the same asking price, it depends on the condition of the house too.
Second, think about who is the most likely person to buy your home.
Is it a new family with young children? Is it a retired couple who happens to be downsizing? Is it a single woman moving to the area because of a job? There are many reasons that someone will buy a house and their reasons will be influenced by family, jobs, and more. When you understand this, it will help you with the next point…
Third, invest some time, money, and effort into preparing your house for the right buyer.
If the best person to buy your home is a young family then perhaps you’ll want to make sure that you have a great backyard with a swing set. Or if your house is near a busy street to make sure you have a nice fence around the yard to protect kids from going into the street. If the best person to buy your home is a retired couple then perhaps you’ll want to make sure that the home is comfortable for people with no children but who may have a hard time with stairs. Or make sure the landscaping outside is lower maintenance.
Fourth, work with a local Renton WA real estate professional who can help you prepare your home, list it, and close the deal.
Real estate agents are experts at helping you sell your home. There are plenty of agents here in Renton to work with… and if you want a referral to a reputable agent with a track record, just give us a ring at (425) 272-9299 and we’d be glad to give you some names. When you’ve done all the advanced legwork, you’ll help your agent be able to sell your home quickly.
When you follow these four simple steps, you can sell your home pretty quickly. However, it still need sometime for you to prepare the house, and going through this 7 steps to sell your house for top dollar.
What are timeline and the process of selling my house in Renton? you might ask!
Fair question. It is best to know those up front so you can prepare both money and resources, and also prepare everything else around that timeline. In the traditional way of selling your house with an agent, you are likely to go through 11 steps of processes and timeline to sell your house in Renton. Here are the step after the house is listed on the market:
- You will have to wait for people to walk through the property. It could be weeks or months. Typically you will have to leave the house, so there is no seller/buyer meeting. Most people would rent a place during this time, so the house is alway tidy and clean.
- If the couple like the house, they would work with a buyer’s agent to write offer to your agent. 24h to 48h.
- You and buyer are now going through negotiation process back and forth. Some time it could take up to 24h for each written negotiation round.
- If you like the offer price and term, then you are officially move to Pending State.
- Buyer then start scheduling inspections, with in a week or 2 weeks. Buyer will also start working on financing with a bank or loan officer and schedule for appraisal. You will save a lot of time, if buyer can give a Cash Offer!
- Inspection take place where the inspector will going through everything in the house, from Roof, Attic, electrical, electrical panel, wiring, light fixtures, plumbing, switches, appliances, water heater, furnace, to crawl space and foundation. On top of that they will check the windows, doors, siding, and rotten screen, and much more.
- During the pending, Buyer can cancel the contract, if buyer don’t like the condition of the house or the amount of work reported from the appraiser, neighbor, HOA, School zoning, or cancel the agreement because buyer simply found a better cheaper house around the corner. If buyer cancel the agreement during the inspection period, then you will be back to square one, and wait for another buyer to put another offer and going to first step again.
- Most of the time, buyer will use the inspection report to get you fix up the house and/or getting recession, either reduce the agreed selling price or credit to buyer closing cost or both. If you agree, then you need to work with a General Contractor or specialized trade like electrician or plumber to fix up any issues called from inspection report. And then you might have to prove the paperwork and/or the house need to be inspected again to verify the work. If you don’t like that flaky negotiation tactic, then you can ignore and cancel the agreement, and back to square one!
- After that, you will be waiting for bank approval. Bank can deny the loan because of 5 things. Buyer’s personal and financial ability and qualification to get the loan, down payment or reserve requirement not meet, source of the money for down payment is not approved, property market value, or property condition (mostly not a concern if it pass inspection, but we have seen appraiser required extra task to be fixed beyond what inspector needed… you know what I am talking about… one of those guy!)
- If everything went well, then the document will be forwarded to title and escrow company. (Assuming you don’t have any lien or title cloud that need to be cleared). You will be schedule for signing the closing paper work.
- Sign on the closing date, and get your money in your account the next day! Rarely happened, but buyer can cancel the transaction before closing or up to 3 days after closing, buyer will forfeit the earnest money thought!
So it can take awhile to actually be done with the property, but at lease now you know all the in and out of the process and timeline to sell you house with the traditional way. You can mitigate or eliminate most of the items that could potentially delay the closing timeline.
However, here is the million dollar question: What if you really need to sell your house NOW? actually very quickly like yesterday? What do you do? Is it even possible to sell my house within 7 days? you might ask!
How to sell your home quickly in Renton
Sometimes you may not have time to look around and spend all that time from Step 1 to 11. And sometimes you may not want to wait around or spend the money to fix up your property for your ideal couple buyers. And sometimes you may not want to spend the time waiting while your real estate agent markets and sells your house.
You can bypass all these steps quickly and easily by selling your house to a local real estate investment company for cash. At ANGEL HOME SOLUTION, that’s exactly what we specialize in: buying homes fast. Get your cash in your bank in 7 days might be tough but it can be done. We get can close and get cash to many of our happy clients with in 14 days every months!
Homeowners who simply don’t want the hassle or who don’t want to endure the long wait times but just want to sell their home quickly can do so with one phone call to (425) 272-9299.
This is perfect for homeowners who are in financial distress and cannot wait too long to sell their home IF the market will buy it. And, it’s perfect for homeowners who are facing some other crisis, such as a divorce or death in the family. When these events happen, the last thing you want to do is think about painting the house so it’s perfect for someone else! It’s much easier to simply pick up the phone and sell your house with one phone call.